Secret Habit Life Coaching Terms & Conditions
Secret Habit Life Coaching Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer (1 on 1 Coaching & Recovery Accelerator)
- When purchasing the Recovery Accelerator, you will receive a specified amount of months with full access to group coaching calls (This is per the timing of purchase and if there are any specials, discounts, etc)
- The current $97/month special is for those who sign up prior to the completion and uploading of the Accelerator video course. By agreeing to this, you are aware that the video course is not yet complete and for this reason, a discounted rate is being offered. (As of Nov 1st, 5 modules have been released)
- After the purchase term is over (if paying annually), the client will have the choice to pay monthly or yearly to continue receiving weekly group coaching.
- By agreeing to our terms, (if a monthly offer is given) you are committing to paying for the agreed term/contract and will continue to be invoiced if you decide to drop out or stop using the services. Breaking the contract and stopping payments will be dealt with in a legal manner and handled situation by situation
- Once your original agreement is over, say 6 months of group coaching in your program package, you will continue to be invoiced after the 6 months until you cancel your membership
- We use Mighty Networks for our course and community
- The community is 100% confidential and what is shared in the community stays there
- Students may not share any of the Accelerator course content outside of the private group of those enrolled in the course. Without written consent, all of these must stay within the Accelerator course and community (content, worksheets, videos, community posts, recorded coaching calls, etc)
- If there is an issue with another member, it is your responsibility to share this with a coach or moderator so it can be handled accordingly
In order to maintain your participation in the Secret Habit Recovery Accelerator, you must uphold all of the following Commitments:
- Confidentiality – We will strive to keep the Secret Habit Community a safe place where men can trust that what they share stays in the community. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do your part to keep everything Secret Habit related safe for all the men involved.
- Willingness – We have the willingness to do what we know pays the greatest reward in the end. To do what is right, rather than comfortable and to choose God rather than self. Part of this will be your willingness to show up, be honest and real and to make strides towards deeper connection in the community
- Courage – We have the courage to look at our pain and walk towards it. When fear sets in, we walk forward in spite of it. When we decide to live courageously, we are saying yes to walking forward towards the things that are presented to us. The Secret Habit Recovery Accelerator offers opportunities for you to act courageously each and every day
- Curiosity – We have the curiosity to explore the real meaning behind ones addiction. To ask good questions, learn and begin to understand the why behind it all. This is important for when you’re communicating with others in the group calls and the community. We want this to be an environment of support, not teaching, so growing in curiosity is a must
- Vulnerability – We see vulnerability as the greatest power against shame. When vulnerability is at the core of what we do, breakthroughs begin to take place. The most vulnerable people are the ones who often heal the fastest. Committing to vulnerability means that you’re committed to sharing the deep parts of yourself and that you are ready to be fully known so you can be fully loved
- Compassion – We have compassion for everyones story. Our goal is to help them understand that self compassion offers a tremendous amount of healing. When we offer compassion, we help the other person feel hears, loved and supported. Receiving compassion from others and bring open to their love is also really important for this community to thrive
1 on 1 Coaching:
The full recovery program we offer is 16 lessons. This typically takes for 4-7 months to get through depending on the consistency of meetings and your specific need. It is expected that the client will stay involved and committed for the entire duration to get the most our of their recovery.
By signing this (unless specified in our consult call) you are committing to working through our 16 lesson program. This means that if you drop out early, invoices will be sent until the entire program is paid in full. Of course, if you finish the journey early, invoicing will stop at that time.
Breaking the contract for specific reasons will be considered situation by situation.
We use our online Secret Habit Coaching system (Coach Accountable) for our program, assignments, and communication
- Secret Habit is a Christian organization and by signing this, you agree that you understand this prior to working with us
- We offer a show-up guarantee and a value guarantee where if you show up and do the work for 30 days and dont receive any value, you get your money back. Just contact us at email@example.com and let us know about your situation. We stand behind our products and want to ensure everyone receives value, or you get your money back
- We expect that you will do the required daily and weekly work to get the full benefits of our program
- We expect that you will be on time, prepared, and ready for each session. This includes having an adequate virtual space to meet.
- We expect you to make each scheduled coaching session a priority
- It is our responsibility as coaches to bring our best to each session and to follow the same standard and commitment we ask for
- We keep all files, notes, and communication confidential to the best of our ability
- We work as professional coaches and certified mentors, not licensed counselors or therapists
- We have high confidence in our client’s results, but cannot guarantee results of any kind
- We do not issue refunds for missed sessions
- We have the right to remove a client from a session due to poor wifi, noisy/ non-private/distracting environments, or lacking focus on our session. This will be considered the fault of the client.
- The client is responsible for purchasing extra materials if necessary such as a book for curriculum work
- The client is to be on time and prepared for each session. The paid time is what was scheduled. There will not be extra time given for being late.
- The client understands that our coaching comes with a Christian influence, and though our faith will not be pushed on anyone, it will be a part of our coaching methods.
- We do not give advice of any kind that would replace clinical or professional expertise
- The client agrees to release Secret Habit and any coaches working with Secret Habit from liability related to any advice or guidance given, directly or indirectly, including the use of books, courses, and other resources. You are also agreeing to release him/her/them from liability for outcomes including separation, divorce, suicide, financial loss, or any criminal activity that might have occurred before, during, or after you sought out coaching services.
- We strive to make this a safe environment and community for everyone in it. We require that a (potential) member tells us if they’re involved with any illegal activity so we can act accordingly.
- We have the right to end our coaching agreement with a client if any agreement, policy, or code is breached.
- The client is not guaranteed sponsorship each month if they are receiving help from our “pay it forward” program.
- The client will follow our primary ways of doing business such as using zoom for calls, stripe for payments, and email for communication.
- We have a duty to warn and/or a duty to report if anything shared with us is illegal or harmful to you or another person.
- We keep what is shared with us confidential. If for some reason we were to be hacked, we would update the client as soon as possible.
Non-Disclosure Agreement: You agree to not give away, sell, post, or otherwise distribute the curriculum, tools, and techniques you learn through the Secret Habit Recovery Accelerator or any Secret Habit programs or resources. Doing so amounts to infringement of copyrighted material which is a violation of the law. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to protect the training you receive through Secret Habit as intellectual property belonging to Secret Habit Life Coaching and Shawn Bonneteau.
The client agrees to release Secret Habit and any coaches working with Secret Habit from liability related to any advice or guidance given, directly or indirectly, including the use of books, courses, and other resources. You are also agreeing to release him/her/them from liability for outcomes including separation, divorce, suicide, financial loss, or any criminal activity that might have occurred before, during, or after you sought out coaching services.
Shawn and Helena Bonneteau are Professional Coaches and have been certified as Professional Mentors with Bravehearts University. They are not registered counselors or therapists and are unable to give clinical or medical advice. The services and programs offered by Secret Habit do not fall within the scope of the NSCCT and are offered as independent coaching services.
When choosing to work with Secret Habit, you are choosing to work with a coach who has a certification in mentoring. With this, you are choosing to work with an unlicensed professional. Because of this, our services cannot be claimed through any medical plan.
Secret Habit has the right to refuse services for unpaid invoices or a history of unpaid invoices. If a client misses a session, either by no show, or a non-emergency circumstance, the session will be lost and the money paid will be forfeited. We do not offer refunds but will offer reschedules in the case of an emergency. If a client is receiving sponsorship from our pay it forward program, there is no guarantee that this will be available every month, and there is no guarantee that it will be the same amount every month.
Secret Habit has the right to end a session with a client without a refund for reasons such as poor wifi, noisy background, non-private room, or lack of focus or intention.
Secret Habit offers coaching to men and women struggling with the effects of pornography. Shawn and Helena Bonneteau bring a Christian worldview to their coaching services and this will influence the way they coach. The coaching services are by no means a place for faith-based pressure, however, if a client cannot respect the fact that Shawn and Helena bring their faith into their coaching, then working with Secret Habit is not going to be the best fit. This is often discussed prior to the first session. Our coaches have the right to refuse services to those who are not a fit to work with Secret Habit for various possible reasons.
Secret Habit has a duty to warn and duty to report when a client discloses something that a) Has been done illegally, b) Is illegal and has a planned execution c) Would harm them d) Would harm another person. Shawn and Helena Bonneteau are not liable for things that happen after the duty to want or duty to report take place. They are simply responsible for ensuring the information is given to the correct authority. You may choose not to share something that would trigger such a duty on our end. We are not responsible for the consequences that may arise from a Secret Habit Coach acting on a duty to warn or a duty to report if we are given the information of illegal activity taking place.
Secret Habit keeps all files, notes, and communication confidential to the best of their ability. We are unable to protect with a 100% guarantee and if anything was to be leaked or hacked, we would communicate this with our client.
Secret Habit primarily uses Zoom for video calls, Stripe for payment, and email/coaching system for communication.
Secret Habit clients are responsible for purchasing extra materials if necessary such as a book for curriculum work.
Secret Habit exists for educational purposes only, and the materials and information contained herein and in our products and services are for general informational purposes only. None of the information provided is intended as medical, investment, tax, accounting, or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, as psychotherapy or any other professional therapy, or as an endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of any security or fund. Our information should not be relied upon for purposes of transacting in securities or other investments. We do not offer or provide medical, tax, legal or investment advice and you are responsible for consulting medical, tax, legal, or financial professionals before acting on any information provided by us. This site is continually under development and Shawn and Helena Bonneteau make no warranty of any kind, implied or express, as to its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for any purpose.
You acknowledge and agree that no representation has been made by Shawn Bonneteau, Helena Bonneteau, Secret Habit, or its affiliates and relied upon as to the future income, expenses, sales volume, or potential profitability that may be derived from the participation in these services.
We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service or to impose new conditions on use of the Site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms of Service on this website. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of Service, as modified.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Limited License to You
This Site and all the materials available on the Site are the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or the materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Site. You may, however, from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Your License to Us
By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, Facebook postings, photos and videos) to us via the Site, internet groups, social media venues, or to any of our staff via email, text or otherwise, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are thirteen years of age or older. In addition, when you submit, email, text or deliver or post any material, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as we deem appropriate.
You acknowledge and agree that any contributions originally created by you for us shall be deemed a “work made for hire”. As such, the copyrights in those works shall belong to Helena Bonneteau from their creation. Thus, Helena Bonneteau shall be deemed the author and exclusive owner thereof and shall have the right to exploit any or all of the results and proceeds in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in all languages, as Helena Bonneteau determines. In the event that any of the results and proceeds of your submissions hereunder are not deemed a “work made for hire” of the Copyright Act, as amended, you hereby, without additional compensation, irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to Helena Bonneteau all proprietary rights, including without limitation, all copyrights and trademarks throughout the universe, in perpetuity in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, to such material and any and all right, title and interest in and to all such proprietary rights in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. Any posted material which are reproductions of prior works by you shall be co-owned by us.
You acknowledge that we have the right but not the obligation to use and display any postings or contributions of any kind and that we may elect to cease the use and display of any such materials (or any portion thereof), at any time for any reason whatsoever.
Limitations on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the Site. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
Throughout the Site, we may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites.
If applicable, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors, and not us. Neither we nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, we neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on any of the Sites by anyone other than an authorized representative while acting in his/her official capacity.
THE INFORMATION, THROUGH THE SITE BY US AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BULLETIN BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ON THIRD-PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Secret Habit, its affiliates, their successors, transferees, assignees and licensees and their respective parent and subsidiary companies, agents, associates, officers, directors, shareholders and employees of each from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth herein.
Certain sections of the Site may allow you to take mentoring services online that are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these services. A third party may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. In addition, when you take a program on or through the Site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to such program. You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from you taking the program made available by third parties through the Site.
You agree that Secret Habit shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
You agree to use the Site and to take the program through the Site for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only.
This Site may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards, web logs, chat rooms, and email services, which allow feedback to us and real-time interaction between users, and other features which allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards, web logs, chat rooms, and other public posting areas on the Site, or sent via any email services on the Site, lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the material you post or send. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may provide through the Site. It is a condition of your use of the Site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site.
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site.
- Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
Secret Habit may host message boards, chats and other public forums on its Sites. Any user failing to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement may be expelled from and refused continued access to, the message boards, chats or other public forums in the future. Secret Habit or its designated agents may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason. Message boards, chats and other public forums are intended to serve as discussion centers for users and subscribers. Secret Habit expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages. Under no circumstances will we, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through these forums. The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants and do not reflect the opinions of Secret Habit or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Secret Habit has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the message boards, chat rooms or other public forums on the Sites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor the same at our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party.
We occasionally include access to an online community as part of our programs. We want every single member to add value to the group. Our goal is to make your community the most valuable community you’re a member of. Therefore, we reserve the right to remove anyone at any time. We rarely do this, but we want to let you know how seriously we take our communities.
To use certain features of the Site, you will need a username and password, which you will receive through the Site’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING OUR MESSAGING, BLOGS, COMMENTS OF OTHERS, BOOKS, EMAILS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR BY US IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES..
WE EXIST FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN AND IN OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NONE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US IS INTENDED AS INVESTMENT, TAX, ACCOUNTING OR LEGAL ADVICE, AS AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY OR SELL, OR AS AN ENDORSEMENT, RECOMMENDATION OR SPONSORSHIP OF ANY COMPANY, SECURITY, OR FUND. OUR INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PURPOSES OF TRANSACTING IN SECURITIES OR OTHER INVESTMENTS.
WE DO NOT OFFER OR PROVIDE TAX, LEGAL OR INVESTMENT ADVICE AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSULTING TAX, LEGAL, OR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS BEFORE ACTING ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US. THIS SITE IS CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
We may cancel or terminate your right to use the Site or any part of the Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Secret Habit infringe your copyright, you, or your agent may send to COMPANY a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon COMPANY actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to COMPANY a counter-notice. All notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see https://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. COMPANY’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement or counter notices can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although it is highly unlikely, This policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website.
Although it is highly unlikely, This policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our website.
This page does not constitute an agreement, contract, or offer